MARK RUNACRES, SENIOR ADVISOR
Mark has worked in India since 2002, first as a diplomat and since 2006 as a director and adviser with a range of business and civil society organisations across sectors in India. Among his roles in the field of sustainability Mark was:
- a Senior Visiting Fellow at The Energy and Resources Institute in Delhi (TERI)
- India Director of Action for a Global Climate Community
- Advisor to The Third Pole
- Director at D1 Oils India (biofuels)
- Adviser at Verpool (carbon credits)
- Director at the Business and Community Foundation, an Indian CSR-focused NGO
In his previous career, Mark served for 25 years in the British Diplomatic Service, with two postings New Delhi, where his last job was as Minister and Deputy Head of Mission managing Britain’s biggest diplomatic operation. He was Counsellor for economic and development affairs at the British Mission to the United Nations from 1999-2002
Mark is on the Advisory Boards of:
- ASA Associates/Corporate Catalyst India, one of India's premier domestic audit/advisory firms;
- Avian Media/Chase India, India’s most successful independent PR/Public Affairs firm;
- Public Affairs Asia, a trade association based in Bangkok.
Mark is also on the Board of Elara Capital (Asia) and has served on the Boards of Mindtree, G4S (India), Religare Capital Markets, SQN Services Pte Ltd in Singapore and he chaired A4e India. Mark was for many years the India Adviser to the Confederation of British Industry, the UK’s leading trade federation, and chaired the British Business Group in Delhi.